The health and safety of our campers, camp families and staff are the top priority every summer. With the Covid-19 vaccine being available to everyone, we encourage everyone to get vaccinated to protect you and your families.
Pre-Camp Screening and Closing Day
- ONLY CAMPERS will be allowed outside of their vehicle for check-in.
- Before you check-in with Dex, there will be a health screening (original lice check included) in a tent as soon as you enter camp property. The general waiver is available at the bottom of this page, and also upon arriving at the front gates of camp. Please contact the camp office if you feel your camper is experiencing any illnesses prior to arrival at camp. We will be glad to try finding a later session or issue a refund.
- After your camper’s health screening at the front of camp with our camp nurses, you will turn in your signed waiver to Dex. He will then direct you to Fort Jackson where you will be welcomed by the ever-cheering Winnamocka Team!
- Parents, if your child has medications our staff will greet you at your car at Fort Jackson to record any information and collect the medication. One of your camper’s counselors will be greeting you as you arrive. Again, ONLY the CAMPER may exit the vehicle.
- Our staff will unload any trunks/luggage, and we will begin our amazing and much-needed week of Winnamocka!
- If you haven’t already added money to your camper’s Trading Company account you have two options to add funds before check-in: Paypal or Venmo. Our Paypal account is firstname.lastname@example.org and our Venmo account is campwinnamocka (all one word, all lowercase). Simply send the amount you wish for camper to have for their declining balance and put your camper(s) name(s) in the memo line. We recommend $50-75 per camper, per week; anything your camper doesn’t spend will be refunded at the end of their session.
- For Check-Out, you will, again, pull up to Fort Jackson where our wonderful staff will load your luggage and you will greet your camper. If your camper has any money left in the camp store we will hand you an envelope with their refund. If you would like to shop in the camp store, tour the camp grounds, or see your camper’s cabin for the past week just tell the Winnamocka staff and they will direct you to a parking lot. If you need to get on the road, as soon as we load your luggage and you have your camper you can continue on your way!
Screening While at CAMP
Counselors and Staff Support members will perform check-ups of campers while at camp.
Proper hand washing will be required before and after all meals. This includes washing thoroughly for 20 seconds with anti-bacterial soap. There are several hand-washing stations around Winnamocka.
Hand sanitizers will be available around doors, at each activity, and in every counselor’s med pack. Our hand sanitizers meet the CDC standards of at least 62% alcohol. Campers and counselors will be required to use the hand sanitizer before and after each activity.
Wilderness Lodge Dining
All hands will be sanitized properly entering the Wilderness Lodge.
All Kitchimockas will wear CDC guidelines for PPE.
All tables will be sanitized using the commercial grade disinfectant that is recommended.
Cabin and Facility Cleaning
We will be following excessive cleaning recommendations especially for bathrooms, bunk houses, door knobs, and light switches.
What happens if my camper gets sick during our session?
Your camper will be taken to the first aid building with our first aid trained staff to be evaluated. We will immediately take temperatures of your camper and they will receive an evaluation. We do contact our parents to visit about the situation if it does seem like an illness that affects your camper’s camp experience or their fellow campers.
Please let us know if you have absolutely any questions. We love our campers. We love camp. For the safety of our campers and families for 2024, we will continue to practice these policies. We are going to offer a wonderful summer camp season full of friendships, adventures and a whole lot of “Akcomanniway!”
For the CHECK-IN WAIVER click here. (If you want to be ahead of the game, fill this out and bring it with you to check-in.)